Boozy Birdie Juice Hot Apple Cider
Oct 25, 2023
There's nothing better than the sweet warm smell of hot apple cider in the fall. This EASY hot apple cider begins with your choice of apple juice or cold-pressed apple cider. While apple juice is easier to find, apple cider has a more rich apple flavor. If you can't find apple cider in the store, look for a high-quality brand of apple juice made from whole apples.
Did we mention it’s SO easy?! Just 6 ingredients, 1 pot, and 20 minutes required! Let us show you how it’s done!
- 1 L apple juice or apple cider
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 whole cloves (or a tiny pinch of ground cloves)
- 2 strips orange peel (orange part only - the white pith will make it bitter)
- 1 cup cranberries (fresh, frozen or cranberry juice - optional)
- 2-3 cups of Apple Pie-Eyed Birde Jus
Add all ingredients (except Birde Jus) to a large pot and bring to medium-high heat. Once simmering, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook for 15 minutes to allow the flavors to develop.
- Add the Apple Pie-Eyed Birde Jus, to the pot or crockpot (or add 1 oz to a cup of cider).
Keep the cider warm in a slow cooker on the lowest setting or on the stovetop.
Store cooled leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or frozen in an ice cube tray to keep for longer. Reheat on the stovetop.
We hope you enjoy this boozy hot apple cider recipe. Please share your creations with us on social media! Tag us @HawkeProhibitionDistilleries